Saturday, January 31, 2009

Finally!

Thursday came with the results of the physical I got last week. Everything is good except my cholesterol. This for a person who LOVES Dairy Queen Blizzards and Cake Batter Ice Cream from Cold Stone Creamery. Don't get me wrong I don't go hog wild eating them. I may have one every other month and Cold Stone even less because there just aren't many stores around. Part of the problem is that I haven't been taking my fish oil. I know, sound discus ting, huh? So, now starts a new regimen of making sure I take them. Now I just need the results from the x-rays that were taken this past Monday (they said they'd be calling Friday with those and didn't). Have a mammogram in March and haven't scheduled the other test. But anyway, I can breath a little sigh of relief til then and thank the Lord for good results. My hubby made it in yesterday morning, FINALLY! He has doctor's and dentist appointments next week so prayers would be appreciated. He's having problems with his head and hand shaking and headaches. The weather has been nasty but beautiful (is that an oxymoron?). Snow, rain, sleet. I've been thru some real NASTY Oklahoma ice storms so am thankful that it didn't get that bad here. Other than a thunder & lightning storm I don't think anything is more beautiful than snow falling (except if you're out on the road in a big rig and the road is slick!). I really should start a blog about my adventures of being a truck driver's wife. I think that's what this started out as. Wanderings being my wanderings all over the United States. Wonderings being how many times I wondered where trails led and the lives of those following those trails. We've driven beside "The Oregon Trail" & oh the questions that came up on that trip. Maybe someday soon I'll go back on the road with a good camera and write a book (with pictures) of my adventures. Maybe!

No comments: