Wednesday, January 14, 2009

LOVE

I just finished watching a movie in which a young man dies. The father of this young man is seen sitting in a chair wondering out loud IF he'd told his son that he was proud of him or IF he'd told his son he loved him. How many of us have neglected to tell our loved ones how proud we are of them or how much we love them? I know I'm guilty of this. I've told my girls these things, but have I told them enough? So, read this, go tell your loved ones how proud of them you are and how much you love them. Don't wait til it's too late and then do like this father did and sit and wonder IF, IF, IF! Better to say, 'I did' than 'I should have', 'I could have', or 'I would have'. So, to both of my daughters, I am VERY PROUD of you and everything you've accomplished, for being involved in church and having wonderful families. I love you more than you'll ever know. Steve, I know life hasn't been easy for you but you are changing and I am very proud of you for wanting that and I do love you more than you ever know.
I'm thankful for a Lord who loved us enough to die for us.

2 comments:

Shelley said...

Thanks for that important reminder!

Shasta said...

I think that post goes both ways. I know I as a daughter don't tell you how proud I am of you enough and I truly am. You are a smart and beautiful woman and I would not be who I am today without you.
I love you!!

And lastly, I am thankful for a God who loves me even after seeing my shame!!