Thursday, January 22, 2009

Physicals, yuk!

Just got back from my physical. Because we've not had insurance I've not had a total physical in several years. I went in 2 weeks ago with a problem with my left arm and the doctor recommended a total physical. As most women do, I guess, I dreaded the female stuff. I hate needles too (figure that one out, I have a tattoo! lol), but having the blood work done wasn't as painful as I thought it would be. Thank goodness for nurses who hit the mark the first time! I've lost 1 pound since I was in last. Don't know the results of blood work tho. Kinda anxious about that as they're testing for diabetes. With Mom having it I felt I really needed to have that done. The colonoscopy wasn't even brought up and I didn't even think about it when I was in today, even tho the dr and I had discussed it earlier. I think that's probly more important than the diabetes test tho. My arm was still bothering me. I told the doctor the painkillers didn't work and the muscle relaxers relaxed everything but the muscle that hurt to start with! So she upped the painkillers. This time I think they're gonna do the job. I have to have my upper arm and shoulder x-rayed and the REALLY dreaded mammogram. Can't get in to get the mammogram done til March. The x-rays can be done any day, just walk in with my scrips. Now I gotta get up and find a recipe we need for supper tonite. Feels like a chili and cornbread night tonite but I think it's gonna be something else. Any night could be a chili night for me!

1 comment:

Safire's Rose - Cakes,Cookies,Dinners,Sides said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.