Saturday, January 10, 2009

Whatever

Yesterday I finally got to go to the doctor with a problem in my arm that's been hurting for 3 months now. I'm usually very nervous about going to any doctor and seeing a doctor for the first time here should have made me more so, but it didn't. I have a really nice woman doctor. She looked at my arm, asked me raise it, make a muscle, all that good stuff. Then she felt it and felt the lump in it and told me I had a severely pulled muscle. She prescribed some painkillers and muscle relaxers and stretching exercises. I was in and out of the office in less than an hour! Then it was off to have the prescriptions filled. I went to Walmart as I had a few other things to pick up. I turned in my order at the pharmacy and was told it would probably be an hour or so. Or so, was right! It was an hour and a half! At one time the lines were clear out to the discounted Christmas stuff and that's 2 lines! You'd have thought that was the only pharmacy in town! Finally I got mine and came home. I had taken a couple of tylenol while I was in the store so waited til almost bedtime to take the painkiller. I was really looking for a good night's sleep. I had been taking like tylenol PM sometimes to ease the pain so I could sleep. The problem with that is that I roll over on my left arm not realizing it and then it hurts worse in the morning than the night before. Well, the painkillers didn't work last nite! Steve got in around 10:30 last nite and I was just getting ready to head to bed. I was hoping for a halfway pain free night and time with him. I didn't want him home and having to deal with a grouch. Am I giving the pain meds a chance to kick in? I don't do meds like that so I don't know. If ya know will ya fill me in, please?

No comments: