Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Doctor's

After finally getting the results from my xrays (just got them Thurs. after having had the xrays taken Jan. 26). There's nothing broken or fractured thank goodness. Tho I fell off the bed the other day head first and as I have very little strength in that arm I was in a real pickle. I was wedged between the bed and the wall! Come on now, I can hear you laughin! A 51 year old woman wedged like that. I didn't want to holler at Dwayne so I wiggled around and got all the way off the bed and got my good arm where I could push myself up. Have a nice BIG bruise on my right arm! Anyway, I was going on the truck with Steve to Houston. The nurse had FINALLY found my xrays and told me they were negative for breaks so I had packed and was ready to go. I was getting ready to start taking things to the truck when I noticed I had a voice mail. It was the drs. office and since I was still having issues with my arm they wanted me to make an appointment. So there went the trip to Houston. I went in today and was told I needed to see an orthopedic dr. My dr refilled the pain meds that I had told her didn't work and told me to make an appointment. I go the 23rd to see an orthopedic dr in Winchester. My problem has been that I took 2 of the pain meds on Saturday ( a week ago) morning and for once they at least took the edge off the pain. So, I thoroughly cleaned! BIG mistake. I missed church the next day. Then this last Saturday I did the same thing but only cleaned the bath and kitchen and didn't miss church. I don't like to miss Sunday morning church. Now Steve is in the Dallas area and the weather is VERY stormy. They're expecting high winds. A truck is NOT the place to be during high winds! A flatbed isn't as bad as a reefer or dry van tho. Maybe I'll get to go next time. Tho now we have another cat. She's a 6 month old tabby we named Selene. She's the opposite of Allie Rose! The do get along tho and Selene tries to get along with Aslan & Lilybet (Shasta & Dwayne's puppies). She rubs all over them. Lilybet will take it for a while and Aslan will run when Selene turns her back. My only problem with Selene is she bites my fingernails! Never had a cat do that!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You were right, I was giggling (just a little) when you described how you were wedged after your fall. I am so sorry to hear that your shoulder isn't any better. It seems like this has been going on forever and I hope you get some relief soon. Which orthopedic doc are you seeing in Winchester? If you need a ride let's make it a date!

XOXO, Tina