Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Hopefully I got answers this time

Went to the orthopedic dr this morning.. Steve only got to be home Saturday & part of Sunday this time :( , so Dwayne went with me. I could have gone by myself, but... Anyway the dr said I have adhesive capulitis (frozen shoulder in English). I have to take physical therapy 3 times a week for the next 6 weeks. I go back to see him March 23. The physical therapy should work but in the rare case that it doesn't I may have to have surgery. I asked him about the pain meds (because the lortabs don't seem to work for me, they take the edge off the pain but that's about it) & he left me on them, just decreased the dosage & told me to take them as needed, not every so many hours like my other prescription said. He told me to make sure to take one BEFORE I had physical therapy (that's always encouraging, LOL). He also gave me a cortisone shot in my shoulder. I guess my face turned white (I don't like needles & have had a cortisone shot before & it wasn't a good experience). He told me not to worry that he was good at giving them. Then he left the room & I actually sat there crying! He came back with that bbbbbiiiiiiggggg needle (get the impression I don't like needles? I DON'T. & this from a woman who's got a tattoo but it's on my shoulder blade & I couldn't see them using it). I almost freaked. He told me to look the other way. I have to say that this dr & my doctor in Ranson did a good job with the needles. This dr is very nice looking too. I think every woman I said something to about him told me that. I have a dear friend in her late 60's or early 70's tell me that he's good 'eye candy'!!! Anyway, I go for my first physical therapy Tues at 1:15p. So please pray with me that the therapy works & I won't have to have surgery.

No comments: