Monday, April 6, 2009

No Pain, No Gain

I went to my orthopedic doctor last Monday. He WAS NOT impressed by my improvement. I'm at 30%. He didn't mention the surgery again which I figured he would as the nurse put me in his office. They usually don't do that unless they're gonna talk to you. Anyway, I still hurt from the physical therapy I got on April 30th & had to go in this morning. I was sick last week & only got one session in, so needless to say I was REALLY dreading this morning's session. When my therapist asked my pain level from 1-10 I said 11. She said 11 meant I probly should be in urgent care or the emergency room so I had to go with 8. Because my wonderful husband (who is also taking physical therapy at the same place I am at the same time) was on the warm-up machine (you pedal with your hands while standing up) I couldn't warm up. I really dreaded the exercises where I do 15 of them & she 'helps' me do another five, which means she puts pressure on my arm to make me go further. I'm not ashamed to say I cried, 'cause dad-gummit, it HURT! Anyway, like I said I went in today really hurting & by the time she got done with me I was NOT hurting. Amazing, huh?
I left there, came home for a bit, ran to Martinsburg with hubby to take back the computer we'd gotten Saturday. We get a new one later today. Then I came home & then went to take a dear friend to physical therapy & then go get her Mom & go to eat. While in her physical therapists office I ran into a lady who had her 3 yr old son there. He'd been born with a club foot. She said her & her husband had taken in 3 little boys (brothers) & eventually adopted them. This little boy was the youngest & had been born with cocaine & meth in his system. What mother can do that to an unborn child? We have a friend who has a foster child who was born with 4 different drugs in his system! This just kills me. I just thank the Lord that there are families out there willing to take a child with these needs! Not just anyone can take in a child addicted to drugs as a baby. Anyway, back to the 3 yr old. He was eating pretzels & he handed his mom one & said it looked like a heart. He handed her another one & she told him it looked like a tent door. She had one of the little drinking cups from the water machine with her & told the little boy to look as the opening to the paper cup was the tent & the pretzel was the door. Another pretzel was a shark's mouth, another a snake or a stick. It was so neat seeing this little boy come up with ideas on the shapes. That little boy made my day! What made yours?

No comments: