Saturday, March 28, 2009

OKLAHOMA & SINCE

It's been a while since I've posted. Just so much has happened I guess I didn't know where to start.
We made it to Oklahoma safely. We went to my oldest grandson Johnathon's basketball games. I ran into one of my high school classmates at the games. I was there to watch my grandson & he was there watching his daughter! On Saturday we went to G'ma's. Her & my mom were both asleep when we came in but were so glad to see us. My Mom goes out on Friday afternoon after she gets off work & stays til Sunday. Her sisters take turns the rest of the week. It was so good to sit in the house & reminisce! Saturday evening another classmate came over the the kids' house & we had a nice visit. Had planned to get together again before we came home but he had to work! He's had some health issues & I wanted an update. On Sunday we went to the little country church I grew up in (well from 4th grade on, I was in a Quaker church before that). We watched a dvd on missions that was very good! Nice to see some of my old church friends there. On Sunday afternoon Angela (my oldest daughter) & her family & I went out to eat pizza before Johnathon's birthday party. At his party I sat & visited with friends & my Mom while the others bowled. On Monday we decided to get pedicures. I hadn't brought any short pants for that so had to borrow some from Angela. She had this pair of capris that were like t-shirt material & were pink cammo. Then the flip-flops. We had to stop at the Cowboy Tack Shop & take one of Justin's (my youngest grandson) boots in to see if they could be fixed. Their English bulldog Mia decided the boot made a good chew toy! Anyway, so here I go into the tack shop with pink cammo capris on!!! Mia's such a beautiful dog & loves to lay her head on your lap with this oh so sad look on her face, while you're eating. Deedee, the other dog is a small dog & such a lovable little thing. Tuesday morning I went to see a class mate who has pancreatic cancer. She lives WAY out in the sticks. I knew I'd probly have a hard time finding her house so I asked her if she'd like to meet at the cafe in Vici. I ended up going to her house. For a while I thought I was lost & was praying I wasn't driving in someones driveway! People out there have guns!!! LOL!
I didn't get lost, it wasn't a driveway & I had a wonderful time visiting with her! Tuesday night there were 10 of us I think ate at JB'S Steakhouse. We'd gone there because Dwayne has never had calf fries & JB'S is the only place in Woodward that has them. We got there, ordered our drinks & then found out that they fry their shrimp in the same fryer that they fry the calf fries in. What a bummer! Dwayne has a severe shellfish allergy! Thursday I went to another friends house. Johnathon went with me. This lady is the same age as my dad but is almost like an older sister. Oh, the things she did when hanging out with us while we were in high school! I won't name names but her & her sister have fried skunks & stolen watermelons! Love you girl! I think there were 12 of us that went to Mazzio's on Thurs. night. My great niece Timber was the entertainment for that dinner! I stayed at Mom's the rest of the time. I had Friday all to myself & enjoyed the peace & quiet. Went back out to G'ma's on Saturday & took some pictures of the place & visited with an old friend & my cousin. Sunday was Johnathon's baptism, 5 generation pictures & then 16 of us went to the cafe in Vici for lunch. We went to Angela's after lunch & changed into our traveling clothes. We had a beautiful trip home. No bad weather, no traffic.
I just thank the Lord for the visits during the week.
Now for Steve, he got his MRI results yesterday & it's definitely a torn tendon. He can't lift anything over 4 pounds & can't grip anything. He's to take more physical therapy. The company he works for is bound & determined he's coming back to work, hurt or not. So we would appreciate any prayers over that mess.

No comments: