Wednesday, March 11, 2009

ANXIOUS

My physical therapy is moving right along. I'm on my 3rd week. Tomorrow is my last one til I get back from Oklahoma. Now Steve is having to take it at the same place I am. He blew up a machine while he was in PT this morning! He was on a machine that stimulates muscle growth. He wanted a magazine so I took one back to his room & while I was in there the machine gave him quite a shock. It set of an alarm that one of the wires had come loose. The therapist said he had too much iron in his system & she'd never seen anyone blow up a machine before.Now Steve is having to take it at the same place I am. He tore a tendon in his elbow last week & now has therapy for 6 weeks & may end up having to have surgery. Now the trip to Oklahoma doesn't seem so exciting. Steve is off work due to his injury but because workman's comp is involved he can't go with us. He's not going to be able to stay at the house as friends of the kids had already been promised it while they were gone. The company he works for is coming for the truck probably this weekend or he could have stayed in it. Not the best accommodations tho. I'd stay home with him but since we can't stay here that won't work. So I feel very torn. My need to be with my husband who is hurting & being with family in Oklahoma. You know the saying, 'I'm damned if I do, & damned if I don't'? That's me right now. Either way I've let someone down & that's very hard as I'm addicted to approval. So, this is kind of an emergency prayer request. Am I being selfish?

No comments: