Saturday, December 6, 2008

Parade

Went to the Charles Town Christmas Parade today & boy was it cold!!! The parade was at 2pm & it's now 6:30pm & I'm just now getting warmed back up. I thought I'd be okay as Oklahoma weather is much colder. I forgot I haven't been in Oklahoma in the winter for several years & while I was on the truck with Steve the only time I got off the truck were breaks, showers & some meals.Wasn't out in the weather any at all. With me, if my behind gets cold then I'm cold & it takes forever for me to get warm again! My favorite part of the parade was the Clydesdale horses & buggies. I guess I must have lived in the 1800's in a previous life or something. I'm currently watching the Janette Oke dvd's & they're based in the 1800's & I love them! The bands were good too, especially the Jefferson High & the Washington band. After the parade we all went to the Petretta's for hot drinks & food. The chili was really good (thanks Kathy!). I really enjoyed watching the kids at the house. Little Kaitlyn & I got to know each other a little better too. They're to be here tomorrow so we'll see if she remembers me. So nice to meet Thomas too, My prayers are with Steve. He's stuck in Ohio with a load that doesn't deliver til Monday (he was supposed to be home yesterday) & it's cold & snowy. He is also struggling with some issues & needs prayers.

1 comment:

Shasta said...

Wasn't today worth freezing over tho?? I had a great time and enjoyed having you there with us!!! Love ya!!