Sunday, December 28, 2008

Letting God Drive

I found this in my devotional this morning and I'm going to make this my New Year's resolution. How many of us turn ALL the driving over to God? That's my problem. I only let Him have part of the driving and then complain because He isn't driving where I want to go or He's not driving fast enough! So please pray for me this coming year as I try to let God do ALL the driving.

Let God drive.
Let Him do the navigating and planning of the best route to take you on this coming year. Well---actually for the rest of the drive. All the way to heaven’s gates. I guarantee you will enjoy the ride much more if you relinquish control of the steering wheel to the Master GPS.

So tell me ladies (and gentlemen), who is holding the sign on the road you are on?
And what does it say? Go? Slow down? Wait? Stop? Or, maybe it says, "I am with you...always..." The sign is easily read. It's found in His word. Every promise. Every detail of our lives is completely covered.
God will be holding the sign, directing the flow of traffic. Don't take on more tasks than He has called you to this year. Clean out your closets--both spiritually and physically. (That is my yearly mantra.) AND last but not least---as you open up your heart to Him afresh each day, ask Him to reveal more of His Word and life to you as you dig in and study!

No comments: