Saturday, November 1, 2008

Post Halloween

I guess I've just not been a very big fan of Halloween. We went last night to Randy & Mara's for the annual Halloween get-together. I had never been so this was all new. The people there who had kids dressed them up and after we ate sandwiches they took them out trick-or-treating in the area around Randy & Mara's home. I remember seeing Curious George, Batman, & Cat Woman, I believe Will was Robin, & Joel, i think, was a banana. After trick-or-treating it was back to the house where the kids proceeded to go through their candy & if mommy said one piece of candy was all they could have, the little rascals would wait til mommy was outta the room & ask daddy for more (daddy of course not knowing mommy had said just one). But they were so cute. We then had dessert. You should try Shasta's ginger no-snaps with her pumpkin dip (I think she said she got the recipe from Julie). My poor hubby dozed off a couple of times but he'd been up since before the roosters get up and we'd been running around most of the day. Little Paul snuck up on him once and grabbed him & woke him up. Luckily Steve didn't start swingin' fists. That's what he usually does when he's startled awake. I did make sure there weren't any beverages nearby! Anyways, I don't remember dressing up for Halloween or going trick-or-treating. I'm sure I did though. There are 6 of us, me being the oldest, & I'm sure that was a big deal. I do know that even now at 51 yrs old, if I were in Oklahoma I'd go to my G'ma's & get a popcorn ball. I know the kind she makes now are easier to make (they're made with marshmallows) but she used to make the syrup kind and they had vinegar in them. And darn-it G'ma, I miss 'em! I bought candy for trick-or-treaters but didn't know if the kids would have any of the little goblins so I got candy I liked that I could eat later! Trying to watch what I eat & do that! Speaking of buying candy, I've learned that it's NEVER a good time to grocery shop. If I've just eaten then nothin on the grocery list looks good. If I haven't eaten then I pick up things that look good. Now I try to shop half-way between meals. And why is it that when you're trying to eat healthy that healthy food costs more? Now you see where I get the title of my blog, Wonderings & Wanderings. 'Cause my mind sure does a lot of wandering! GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!

No comments: