Friday, August 22, 2014

This morning

The last several mornings I've gotten up just after 6am! Steve runs the puppies out of the bedroom when he leaves so I can stretch out a bit & get more sleep. For some reason the puppies find any-
thing & everything to bark at if our door is shut! If the door is open there's no problem with them
barking. Anyway, I'm up because of the barking. I've been doing my workout early in the mornings now. I do my Plexus, make a cup of coffee, then head for the elliptical. I'm up to 28 min. per workout! I don't know why but the last couple of days I want to wimp out at 15 min. Today I just didn't want to work out at all :(. I need to work out, my knees don't hurt as much if I work out.
After my workout I take my coffee (& sometimes my computer) out on the back deck & have some quiet time. The back deck is on the west side of the house so it's shady that early in the morning. On weekends Steve & I sit out on the front deck & drink our coffee & watch the hummingbirds & birds.
This morning was emotional too. My oldest grandson posted about his first high school football scrimmage. I love my 3 grandsons to the moon & back but am just not ready for them to be in high school, jr. high, & pre-k! Makes me feel old!
We got a pool! Hopefully it will get set up today! My oldest daughter told me about it. The lady just got it this year & didn't use it that much so it's in excellent shape. We got a REALLY good deal on
it. Maybe I can work a daily swim in with my usual workout! It's a 22'x52" pool so plenty of room!

No comments: