Sunday, July 26, 2009

Softball Games

Went yesterday to a softball tournament. Most of the guys from our church team were on it plus 2 other guys & one lady. The games were at 9am, noon, 3pm & 6pm. The ballpark is a couple of miles out of town so we spent the day in fellowship with some GREAT people! We had a grill there & had some good burgers & dogs. Before our last game it started pouring down rain & we sat in amazement at the other teams still playing while it was raining. Tho we lost all of our games but 1 we had such a wonderful time. There were some who played horseshoes. Brandon wanted to play & did a fantastic job! I think there was even a water fight between Harold & Rachel! I got to sit & visit with some people I know but don't know (know what I mean?). Betty Jones & Melinda Gerbich. Such wonderful women! We headed down for our last game which ended up starting late as the umpire wanted to get the Championship game in before it started raining again. As we were headed down the hill Libby told me to be careful & not fall. I was telling her I ought to be used to walking in the muck like that as I'd worked on 2 dairies, when down I went! She said she turned around when I started telling her that & there I was flat on my back! LOL! I think I had more mud on me than some of the players!!! It started raining again during our game but our players kept on playing too. Had a couple spills on the field that had everyone a little worried but we kept on. Even after the game was called because of the 10 rule run our guys talked the other team into finishing the game. Steve umped the last innings. He used to ump little league back home. We couldn't yell at the ump during the real game but we let this one have an 'earful' during this part of the game. All the fun! Several mentioned that we should do this more often. I agree! What an exhausting but blessed day! Thank you Lord!

No comments: