Saturday, October 25, 2008

Prayer

I have to make a confession. I've had some very negative happenings in my life. Today something happened that made me start thinking negative again. I really don't want to feel this way, but sometimes it happens. I talked to my oldest daughter on the phone and she told me to pray about the situation. She must have said a prayer about it right after I talked to her because the situation took a turn for the better and come to find out I had no reason to be negative to start with. Please forgive me Lord for not seeking your guidance to start with. You have blessed me so much and sometimes I take that for granted. Help me to NEVER take blessings for granted.

2 comments:

Shasta said...

God works in ways we cannot even imagine. Who knows his reasoning for holding up the passage way home. He could have been protecting him and testing you. Negative thinking is easy to do it's the positive that is harder to see sometimes. Know that God is in control and He knows your pain and fears. Rely only on God and no one else. After all God is the only one that will never fail you, hurt you or abandon you.

justjuls said...

I can understand this a lot Flo - especially right now. I am a very positive person typically - but lately it has been so easy - and the littlest thing can start that cycle of bad thoughts. Before I know it - I've made a mountain out of a molehill in my head -
As soon as you recognize that stream - nip it in the bud and carry it to the Lord. (I'm pointing four fingers back at myself!)